SPY:

I recently saw the movie SPY with Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham etc.
Mostly Jason Statham.
It was mostly Jason Statham and mostly the reason I needed to watch it.

It's actually a funny movie. It's not why we're here today though. It's the lush James Bond influenced opening number, "Who Can You Trust" that's sung with a very Shirley Bassey approach. I just assumed it was K.D. Lang. So I went looking for it using (K.D. Lang spy theme) with no results. Then searched (Spy the movie theme) and came up with Ivy Levan.

Wow.



6 comments:

  1. i enjoyed that recent sam smith/bond theme song.
    it is nice that that "bond sound" persists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good find. Very classic Bond-esque.

    "Pirate. Mean Dirty Pirate."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a cute movie...and he ( Mr. Statham ) was surprisingly funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus H Christ where have you been handsome?!? Not only did I miss your musings, but my god damned cocktail needs your "swizzle stick" to stir this watered down drink!!!!! I saw the movie for the same reasons. You know, he gave me a head job once in bed. Granted it was my hand....but in my mind it was him. He is adorable. And his funny side in that movie makes him even cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (K.D. Lang spy theme)... Dyke Detectives?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy mistake to make, they do sound very similar. I always thought Rue McClanahan sang the theme song to The Golden Girls.

    ReplyDelete