Mean Dirty Pirate Movie of the Week:

































Once upon a time when I was a little kid there was this made for TV movie with Jim Hutton and Kim Darby, Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark. It’s notable for the fact that it didn’t have a happy ending. It gave me nightmares for days afterward but not as much as that pig in the window from, The Amityville Horror which had me addicted to Sominex years later at the age of 13. The teenage adolescent drug addict popping sleeping pills to ward off the boogey man. But that’s another story.

Anyway back to Jim and Kim and the haunted house they inherit from her aunt. I mean it’s a fabulous Victorian number. So it has a few unwanted residents but it’s a free Victorian...HELLO. Jim is a big prick about the whole thing and is constantly away in the city working while Kim tends to the haunting.

Watch for Uncle Charley from My Three Son’s who puts in an appearance as the cranky handy man. And the faggy decorator who the little monsters let have it on the flight of stairs.

Don't blame me if you suddenly find yourself Afraid of the Dark...Don't Be...

















1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I remember this film I saw a few snippets of it one day and it gave me the creeps for years!

    ReplyDelete