2 Dead in Canadian Balloon Fire:


















Quotes from various news sources:


"The thing went up about 400 feet in the air at which point it melted enough of the balloon - it collapsed,"

"The basket was basically a fireball. It just dropped like a stone,"

"I'm just thinking, 'Oh geez, I hope there's nobody in that thing. It's basically a burning death up there,'"

"People were screaming and trying to get out," "It was horrifying,"

"Just looking at people screaming and jumping out of there. Some of them, I think, had fire on their clothes. It was just awful."

"The pilot asked the passengers to get out of the basket. The balloon was tethered at the time, but then broke and came loose. They were all trying to get out."

My own balloon tale:

My Aunt Margaret was sort of a granola type gal that lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico where she was a member of a group of hot air balloon enthusiasts. Once when she visited she brought her balloon with her and was going to let all the kids go for a ride. While filling the balloon with air it caught fire and burned. As all of the kids were complaining about not getting a ride, my mother whispered to me that it could be worse, we could have been in the air when it caught fire!

My favorite survival technique is to, "Run...Run for your life" sadly in this case it was, "Jump...Jump for your Life."

The most interesting thing about this film footage was that it was presented by Remax Realty which uses of all things for its corporate logo a hot air balloon!

Watch the film footage:






No comments:

Post a Comment